Select Instances: Perhaps you have 15 instances (copies) of the same component in your model and you want to select them all. Just make sure that you’re viewing your In Model library, and then right-click the component (in the Components dialog box) of your desire. Choose Select Instances, and your work is done.
How do I access components in SketchUp?
Follow these steps:
- Open the model into which you want to import a SketchUp file.
- Select File > Import.
- In the Open dialog box that appears, navigate to the SketchUp file. …
- Select the SketchUp file, and click Open. …
- Click in the drawing area to place the component in your model.
How do you select objects in SketchUp?
Here’s everything you need to know about selecting things in SketchUp:
- Just click anything in your model to select it (while you’re using the Select tool, of course).
- To select more than one thing, hold down the Shift key while you click all the things you want to select.
Where are SketchUp components stored?
Also, Components library is stored within UserAppDataRoamingSketchUp .
How do you select edges in SketchUp?
More videos on YouTube
- Click and drag to make a selection box. With the Select tool active, click and drag to create a temporary box around the items you want to select. …
- Double- or triple-click. Depending on what you click, you can select combinations of edges and faces. …
- Context-click an edge. …
- Context-click a face.
How do you separate components in SketchUp?
Make Unique: Sometimes you want to make changes to only one or a few of the instances of a component in your model. In this case, select the instance(s) you want to edit, right-click one of them, and choose Make Unique from the context menu. This option turns the instances you selected into a separate component.
How do you select multiple edges in SketchUp?
To select multiple objects, you can hold the shift key and click on them. To deselect some objects from your selection, you can hold the shift key and click on them again.
How do you select and delete in SketchUp?
To remove a single face, context-click the face and select Erase from the menu that appears. Delete selected geometry. To delete several edges and faces at once, use the Select tool to select all the geometry you want to erase, as shown in the following figure. Then context-click your selection and choose Erase.
How do you ask SketchUp for an inference?
To find a Linear Inference, first you must hover over a Point Inference. When you first hover over a point that Sketchup recognizes as a Point Inference, the tool tip will change color, as you know. But if you hang there for a second, a little text box will pop up that tells you what type of inference it has locked to.