How do I isolate and save in Solidworks?
Select the components you want to isolate in the graphics area or the FeatureManager design tree. Click View > Display > Isolate or right-click and select Isolate.
How do you split a face in Solidworks?
To split a face by projecting a new sketch:
- In the Fixture or an External Loads PropertyManager, select the Split tab.
- Under Type of Split: Select Sketch. …
- When you finish sketching, click Exit Sketch. …
- For Other Faces to Split , select the faces to project the sketch onto.
- Optionally, select either: …
- Click Create Split.
How do you separate parts of a STEP file?
On the Manage tab select Make Components. Select the solid bodies to create separate parts files. Thanks a lot!!
How do I export a solidworks body?
To save bodies from multibody parts:
- Click Insert > Features > Save Bodies.
- Select the bodies to save in the graphics area, or under in Resulting Parts. …
- Under Resulting Parts, double-click each file name under File to open the Save As dialog box.
How do I Unolate isolate in Solidworks?
Select the component you want to edit and click Edit Part or Edit Assembly . Optionally click Save as Display State to save the display characteristics to a new display state. When you are done working on the isolated components, click Exit Isolate on the Isolate popup toolbar and Edit Component on the CommandManager.
Can you save a Solidworks assembly as a step file?
You can set the export options when you export SOLIDWORKS part or assembly documents as STEP files. To set the STEP export options: Click File > Save As. Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options.
Can you split a surface in Solidworks?
You can split surfaces with the Split tool. You can also split a combination of surfaces and solid bodies. To split a surface: Open install_dir sampleswhatsnewpartssplit.
How do you split in Solidworks?
To split bodies:
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save. …
- Click .
How do I convert a STEP file to SolidWorks assembly?
1) In the SolidWorks program click OPEN. 2) Set the filter to whichever file type you want to use (In this example we will use STEP). 3) Click Options… to access the options menu. In order to have IGES, STEP, UG and ACIS import as an assembly you will have to select the Import multiple bodies as parts option.
Can you edit STEP files?
STEP file, you still can, even if you’ve used 3D Interconnect, but there are some extra steps involved. … STEP file without using 3D Interconnect. So if you’ve found that you can’t edit . STEP or Parasolid files in the way you used to, the chances are 3D Interconnect is turned on.
How do I convert a STEP file to part in SolidWorks?
Reading STEP, IGES, and ACIS Files in SOLIDWORKS
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, in Files of type, select the desired file format: STEP AP203/214/242 (*. …
- In the dialog box, browse to the desired file.
- Click Options.
- In the System Options dialog box, set options including: …
- Click OK.