How do I reduce edges and faces in SketchUp?
How to Remove Unsightly Edges from Your SketchUp Model
- Use the Eraser. To smooth edges with the Eraser tool, hold down the Ctrl key (Option on the Mac) while you click or drag over the edges you want to smooth.
- Use the Soften Edges dialog box.
How do you unsmooth edges in SketchUp?
To unsmooth edges, follow these steps:
- Choose View → Hidden Geometry so that the Hidden Geometry menu option is selected. This makes hidden edges visible.
- Select the edges you want to unsmooth.
- In the Soften Edges panel, move the slider all the way to the left.
How do you calculate edges in SketchUp?
To measure an angle and create an angled guide line, follow these steps:
- Select the Protractor tool ( ). …
- Click to set the vertex of the angle that you want to measure. …
- Click where the angle that you want to measure begins. …
- Move the cursor to measure the angle. …
- Click to set an angled guide line.
How do you select edges in SketchUp?
Switch to wireframe ( 3th icon in styles toolbar) to see only the edges. Or you could install an extension ( selection tools by ThomThom is free,as in beer) which give you an apprehensive comprehensive set of possible options.
What are SketchUp profiles?
Profiles: Selecting the Profiles check box tells SketchUp to use a thicker line for edges that outline shapes in your model. Using profile lines is a pretty standard drawing convention that’s been around for a long time.
How do you smooth edges in Autocad 3D?
To Smooth Feature Lines
- Click Modify tab Edit Geometry panel Smooth Find.
- Select the feature line(s) to smooth or straighten.
- Do one of the following: Press Enter to smooth the lines. Enter Straighten to straighten lines that were previously smoothed.
Which SketchUp tool is used to copying an object?
With the Select tool ( ), select the geometry you want to copy. Select the Move tool ( ) from the toolbar or press M. The cursor changes to a four-way arrow. To tell SketchUp that you want to duplicate the selected entities, tap the Ctrl (Microsoft Windows) or Option (macOS) key to toggle Copy functionality.
How do I make SketchUp smoother?
Follow these tips to keep your model light and optimize SketchUp’s performance:
- Stick to simple styles. …
- Components are your friends. …
- Hide geometry you don’t currently need. …
- Choose JPEGs over TIFFs. …
- Disable fog and shadows. …
- Purge data that you don’t need anymore.