First, try right-clicking on the file and selecting “Open With…” and select CATIA Drawing or Quest3D Program Part from the dropdown list. If that didn’t work, go into the file associations settings of Windows, and set CATIA Drawing or Quest3D Program Part to open CGR files by default.
How do I open CGR files in Catia V5?
Import CATIA V5 files
- Choose the menu path in your installed Autodesk software product: Autodesk Alias. File > Open or File > Import > File. Autodesk Maya (Windows version) …
- In the browser, select a CATIA V5 ( *. CATProduct , *. CATPart , or *. …
- Click OK, or Open to launch the translator and import the file into the scene.
What programs can open CGR files?
Programs that open CGR files
- Dassault Systemes CATIA.
- Okino Computer Graphics PolyTrans. Free Trial.
- Open Cascade DMU Reviewer. Free Trial.
- Adobe Acrobat DC. Free Trial.
How do I convert CGR to CATPart in Catia?
Click File > Save As > Save a Copy and set Type to CATIA V5 CATPart (*. CATPart) in the Save a Copy dialog box to export the part to CATIA V5. 4. After the export, check in the CATPart file from the Workspace to the server.
Can we open IGES file in Catia?
In V5, both files with the extension “igs” and IGS can be imported to a CATPart document. Whereas the path of an IGES file to import may contain non-ASCII characters, the name of the file itself must contain only ASCII characters.
How do I convert Catia files to step files?
SolidWorks >> CATIA V5 (Dassault)
- To export a STEP file choose File -> Save as…, as file type choose STEP-Format (step, stp) and go to Options. …
- Under Output as the following options can be selected:
- Solid/Surface geometry: the geometry will be exported as solid and surface bodies.
How do I open a CGR file in Solidworks?
To open a CGR file in SOLIDWORKS:
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, set Files of type to Catia Graphics (*. cgr).
- Browse to a file and click Open.
How do you draw on Catia v5?
Creating a New Drawing
- From the menu bar, select Start > Mechanical Design .
- Select the Drafting workbench. …
- Select the views to be automatically created on your drawing from the New Drawing Creation dialog box, for example the Front, Bottom and Right icon.
- Click OK .
How do I open a 3dxml file?
Double-click a . 3dxml file or drag the file and drop it in the 3D XML Player. The 3D XML file is opened. Note: There is no file open command in the 3D XML Player application.