Type FLATTEN at the command line. Select all objects and press the Enter key. Type N for No when prompted to remove hidden lines.
What is the Flatten command in AutoCAD?
Menu: Modify > Flatten Objects. FLATTEN creates a 2D representation of selected objects and projects them onto the current viewing plane. FLATTEN results in 2D objects that retain their original layers, linetypes, colors and object types where possible.
How do I go back from 3D to 2D in AutoCAD?
To get a plan view, you can click View menu > 3D Views > Plan View > Current UCS. Or you can type PLAN at the Command prompt. To Switch between the 3D and 2D graphics display, click View menu > Visual Styles > 2D Wireframe or 3D Wireframe.
How do I change the Z axis in AutoCAD?
To Change the Orientation of the Z Axis of the UCS
- Right-click the UCS icon, and click Z Axis.
- Specify a point for the new origin (0,0,0).
- Specify a point that lies on the positive Z axis.
How do I install express tools in AutoCAD 2020?
- Open Programs and Features from the Windows Control Panel.
- Double-click AutoCAD to modify/change the program.
- When the setup window appears, click Add or Remove Features.
- In the program features list, put a check on Express Tools. …
- Click Update or Next to complete the operation.
How do you make a 2D polyline 3D?
To Convert 3D Polylines to 2D
- Click Modify tab Design panel Convert 3D To 2D Polylines Find.
- Select the polyline(s) to convert. Press Enter.
How do I get rid of the white lines in AutoCAD?
To Remove Redundant Lines From a 3D Solid
- Click Modeling tab > Solid panel > Solid Edit – Body drop-down > Clean.
- Select the 3D solid object.
- Press Enter to complete the command.
How do I get rid of jagged lines in AutoCAD?
Remove a Jog on a Linear Dimension
- Click Annotate tab Dimensions panel Jog Line. Find.
- Enter r (Remove) and press Enter.
- Select a linear dimension.
How do you smooth lines in AutoCAD 2019?
Click Modify tab Edit Geometry panel Smooth Find. Select the feature line(s) to smooth or straighten. Do one of the following: Press Enter to smooth the lines.
What is AutoCAD scale?
AutoCAD 2D drawings are commonly drawn in model space at a 1:1 scale (full-size). In other words, a 12-foot wall is drawn at that size. The drawings are then plotted or printed at a plot “scale” that accurately resizes the model objects to fit on paper at a given scale such as 1/8″ = 1′.
How do I stretch a shape in AutoCAD?
To Stretch an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Stretch. Find.
- Select the object using a crossing window selection. The crossing window must include at least one vertex or endpoint.
- Do one of the following: Enter the displacement in the form of a relative Cartesian, polar, cylindrical, or spherical coordinate.
How do I resize a block in CAD?
Using the Select Objects tool click on the CAD block to select it, then click the Open Object. edit button. On the General panel of the CAD Block Specification dialog: Specify both the Height Factor and Width Factor as 1 in the Size section. Click OK to close the dialog and apply your change.