To open the External References dialog box: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the top-level assembly or a subassembly, and click External References. Lists all components and features with external references hierarchically based on the assembly structure.
How do I find references in Solidworks?
Lists files referenced by the active part, assembly, or drawing document.
Find References Dialog Box
- Click File > Find References.
- Click Copy files.
- Set options in the Pack and Go dialog box and click Save.
- Click Close.
How do I change external references in Solidworks?
Update Path for External References
- Select an update holder in the tree to highlight the corresponding sketch in the graphics area.
- Right-click an update holder and click List External Refs to lock, unlock, or break the external references.
How do I fix references in SolidWorks?
Replacing Broken References
- Select a file with a broken reference.
- Click Tools > Update References . …
- Select a reference to replace and click Edit > Replace File.
- In the Replace File dialog box, browse to the file that will replace the broken reference.
- Click Open.
How do you add references in SolidWorks?
To list the external references on a part or feature, right-click the part or the feature or right-click the update holder , and click External References.
What are external references in Solidworks?
An external reference is created when one document is dependent on another document for its solution. If the referenced document changes, the dependent document changes also. In an assembly, you can create an in-context feature on one component that references the geometry of another component.
How do I move a Solidworks file without breaking references?
Right click on a part of a SolidWorks part file and open the SolidWork context menu. Select rename or move from the SolidWorks context menu. Move the file or rename the file in the prompt which appears after selecting the option you want.
How do I change the references in a Solidworks drawing?
To change file references in a drawing view:
- Click Replace Model. (Drawing toolbar) or Tools > Replace Model.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selected Views, select a drawing view.
- Under New Model, browse to select a part or an assembly file, and click Open.
- Double-part icon. …
- Click .
How do you split references in Solidworks drawing?
Locking and Breaking External References
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do you create a derived part in Solidworks?
The trick to making this function work is that you need to pre-select the sketch and the face on which you want to copy it. With both entities selected, you can insert the derived sketch by selecting Menu > Derived Sketch. The sketch will then appear on the face you identified.