How do you create topography in Revit?
Create a Toposurface by Placing Points
- Open a 3D view or a site plan view.
- Click Massing & Site tab Model Site panel (Toposurface).
- On the Options Bar, set a value for Elevation. …
- Next to the Elevation text box, select one of the following: …
- Click in the drawing area to place points. …
- Click (Finish Surface).
What is the use of Toposurface in Revit?
The Toposurface tool defines a topographical surface (a toposurface) using points or imported data. You can create toposurfaces in 3D views or site plans. Watch these videos to learn how to create and work with toposurfaces, subregions, and graded regions. Create a toposurface by placing points in the drawing area.
Causes: The CAD file has values much higher than the 20 mile limit for geometry from internal origin that was applied for Revit. The values themselves are not a problem but the CAD file has reference blocks that refer to 0,0,0 which is the cause of not displaying the CAD link.
Can you open a CAD file in Revit?
You can import data from other CAD programs into a Revit model. Supported CAD formats include AutoCAD (DWG and DXF), MicroStation® (DGN), Trimble® SketchUp® (SKP and DWG), SAT, and 3DM (Rhinoceros®). When you import a file, the format of the imported file may support varying qualities of geometry.
What is subregion in Revit?
A subregion defines an area of the toposurface where you can apply a different set of properties, such as material. For example, you can use subregions to draw parking lots on a graded surface, roads, or islands.
How do you create a site plan in Revit?
Create the Site Plan
- Define site settings. …
- Create the toposurface. …
- Rotate the project to True North. …
- Specify property lines. …
- Add a building pad. …
- Grade the toposurface. …
- Create parking lots, roads, and sidewalks. …
- Add site components.
How do you add topography in Autocad?
To Add Contour Lines
- In Display Manager , right-click a surface layer, and select Create Contour Layer.
- In the Generate Contour dialog box, enter a name for the new Display Manager layer that will contain the contour lines.
How do you change Toposurface in Revit?
Open a site plan that displays a toposurface. Click Massing & Site tab Modify Site panel (Subregion). Revit enters sketch mode.
- Select the subregion.
- Click Modify | Topography tab Subregion panel (Edit Boundary).
- Click (Pick Lines) or use other sketching tools to modify the subregion on the toposurface.
How do you show contours in Revit?
Contour labels display in site plan views.
- Create a topographic surface with different elevations.
- Open a site plan view.
- Click Massing & Site tab Modify Site panel (Label Contours).
- Sketch a line that intersects one or more contour lines.