What are Revit groups?
A group cannot contain both model and view-specific elements. If you select both types of elements and then try to group them, Revit creates a model group and places the detail elements into an attached detail group for that model group.
What does the group Tool do in Revit?
First, we’ll explore what Revit groups can do. Groups are a tool inside of Revit which allow you to select different families inside your model and group them together. Then, you can pull this group and place multiple groups in different areas.
How do I make a group unique in Revit?
In the Project Browser, right-click the group name, and click Duplicate. The new group displays in the Project Browser. For example, if your original group was called Group 1, the new group would be Group 2. You can rename the group as necessary.
Can I group objects in Revit?
Create a group by selecting elements or existing groups, and using the Create Group tool. In a project view, select the desired elements or existing groups you want in the group. Click Modify | Multi-Select tab Create panel (Create Group). … In the Create Group dialog, enter a name for the group.
How do you manage groups in Revit?
Add or Remove Elements in a Group
- In the drawing area, select the group to modify. …
- Click Modify | Model Groups tab or Modify | Attached Detail Groups tab Group panel (Edit Group). …
- On the Edit Group panel, click (Add) to add elements to the group, or click (Remove) to remove elements from the group.
How do you explode a group in Revit?
Groups of elements can be ungrouped in order to edit the individual elements making up the group.
- In the drawing area, select a group.
- Click Modify | Model Groups tab Ungroup.
What is the difference between assembly and group in Revit?
Assemblies function similar to Groups, but are designed so that the grouped elements are tagged and scheduled as a single unit under one category. Assemblies are primarily designed to create detailed views and sheets of the assembly as a type of shop drawing to show how the group is constructed.
What are Revit assemblies?
The Assemblies category of Revit elements supports construction workflows by letting you identify, classify, quantify, and document unique element combinations in the model. Video: Create and Document Assemblies. Combine multiple elements into a single assembly to be independently scheduled, tagged, and filtered.
How do you copy a group model in Revit?
Duplicate Group Types
- In the Project Browser, right-click the group name, and click Duplicate. The new group displays in the Project Browser. …
- Select the group in the drawing area, and on the Properties palette, click (Edit Type). In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate.
What option can you use to group the items together?
Hold the Shift (or Ctrl) key and click the objects you want to group. Click the Group command on the Format tab, then select Group. The selected objects will now be grouped.
How do you create an array in Revit?
Create a Linear Array
- Select the elements to be copied in an array, and then click Modify | <Element> tab Modify panel (Array).
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Array), select the elements to be copied in an array, and then press Enter .