How do I make a custom viewport?
To Create a Nonrectangular Layout Viewport
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). …
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Rectangular, Polygonal, or Object.
- Follow the prompts.
How do you turn a viewport into a polyline viewport?
How do I change a viewport to a polyline? Just rotate the viewport 1 degree and rotate back 1 degree. Voila, your VP is now a Polyline. BUT before rotate it back 1degree, Pedit it before rotate it back.
What is viewport Autocad?
Layout viewports are objects that display views of model space. You create, scale, and place them in paper space on a layout. On each layout, you can create one or more layout viewports. Each layout viewport is like a closed circuit TV monitor of a view of the model at a scale and orientation that you specify.
How do I change the viewport shape in Autocad?
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
How do you draw irregular shapes in Autocad?
To create irregular polygons, use the mpolygon command.
To Create Polygon Objects
- Click Home tab Draw panel Polygon.
- Enter an integer to specify the number of sides for the polygon.
- Follow the command prompts to specify either the polygon center (default) or the first edge.
How do I add a point to a viewport?
How do you add a viewport in AutoCAD?
- Click View tab Viewports panel New.
- In the Viewports dialog box, New Viewports tab, under Standard Viewports, select Single.
- Click to specify one corner of the new layout viewport.
- Click to specify the opposite corner.
Can you convert a rectangular viewport to polygonal?
The command is vpclip. With this command, you can “convert” a rectangular viewport to a polygonal viewport in seconds. … If you want to create the boundary “on-the-fly”, just press enter to select Polygonal, then left click each PI of the new boundary.
How do you make a rectangular viewport in AutoCAD?
Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Insert View. Do one of the following: If named views have not been saved in model space, click two points to define a rectangular view from expanded model space. Press Enter to accept the results or click two more points.
How do you clip a viewport in Autocad?
To Clip a Layout Viewport Boundary
- On a layout tab, click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip.
- Select the viewport to clip.
- (Optional) Enter d (Delete) to delete an existing clipping boundary.
- Do one of the following: Enter p (Polygonal) to specify a series of points to define a polygonal boundary.
How do you use VPclip?
How do you use VPclip?
- Type vpclip in the command bar, then press Enter. You are prompted: Select viewport to clip:
- Select the viewport. You are prompted: Polygonal
- Do one of the following: Select the clipping object.