How do you make a scale in Solidworks?
In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale . Set options in the PropertyManager. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.
How do I add a scale bar in Solidworks?
To set scales: To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following: In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale. Right-click the sheet and select Properties, then edit the values of Scale.
How do I change the scale of a drawing in Solidworks?
To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following:
- In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale.
- Right-click the sheet and select Properties, then edit the values of Scale.
Can you scale a part in Solidworks?
You can scale a part or surface model about its centroid, the model origin, or a coordinate system. … In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
How do I change the size of a part in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do I print actual size in Solidworks?
- In a drawing, click File > Print.
- In the dialog box, under Print range, choose Selection, then click OK. …
- Select a scale factor to apply to the selected area: …
- Drag the selection frame to position it. …
- Click OK to print the selected area.
What scale can you use when you create a drawing view?
A sheet scale is a standard scale value for drawing views placed on the working sheet. Typically, the sheet scale is indicated in the drawing border title block.
How do you change the scale of a drawing?
- In the drawing that is not at 1:1 scale, find an object or line whose length you know.
- Start the scaling command with SC (or SCALE).
- Make a selection for the objects that need to be included in the scaling operation.
- Click in the drawing for the first point of the scaling base (base point).
Can you specify a custom material in Solidworks?
You can only add custom materials to categories within the Custom Materials library, not to the Custom Materials folder itself. To create a new category, right-click Custom Materials and click New Category. Right-click and select Paste or press Ctrl + V. Optionally, rename the material.
How do you merge bodies in Solidworks?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .