On the old computer, export the settings from the older version of AutoCAD. Copy the export ZIP file to the new computer. Install the old version of AutoCAD in trial mode on the new computer. Install the new version of AutoCAD (in normal licensed mode) on the new computer.
How do I copy AutoCAD settings?
On the Start menu, use the Export AutoCAD Settings option under the Migrate Custom Utilities menu to export those settings. Copy the resulting ZIP file to the new computer. Import the settings using the Import AutoCAD Settings option under the Migrate Custom Utilities menu.
Where are AutoCAD settings stored?
Location of the Configuration File (AutoCAD only)
- In the Application Preferences dialog box, Application tab, click the arrow to the left of Help and Miscellaneous File Names.
- Click the arrow to the left of Configuration File. The location and name of the configuration file is displayed.
How do I transfer my AutoCAD workspace to another computer?
Open the target version of AutoCAD. Enter CUI at the command line. Go to the Transfer tab.
- Expand the Workspaces header.
- Left-click and drag the workspace(s) to the menu under the Customizations in Main File header.
- Click Apply and OK to close the dialog box.
How do I save an AutoCAD drawing as a PDF?
To Export a Single Layout to a PDF File
- Near the bottom-left of the drawing area, click the layout tab.
- Click Output tab Plot panel Plot. …
- In the Plot dialog box, under Printer/Plotter, in the Name box, select the most appropriate AutoCAD PDF plotter configuration (PC3 file) for your requirement.
How do I export settings in AutoCAD 2021?
Scroll to the Autodesk section, and click <Product Name> Migrate Custom Settings Export <Product Name> Settings. Windows 10: On the Windows Start menu or screen, click All Apps Autodesk Export <Product Name> Settings.
How do I restore custom settings in AutoCAD?
AutoCAD for Windows
- Windows 10: Start > AutoCAD 20xx > Reset Settings To Default.
- Windows 7: Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 20xx > Reset Settings To Default.
How do I export my workspace?
1. Click File > Manage Session > Server management and select an active workspace. 2. Click Workspace > Export Workspace in the Server Management dialog box or right-click the workspace in the folder navigator and click Export Workspace.
How do I export import backup and transfer settings to and from AutoCAD?
Import the settings into the new version of AutoCAD on the new computer:
- Windows 10 and 8.1: Start > AutoCAD 20xx > Import AutoCAD 20xx Settings.
- Windows 7 and XP: Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 20xx > Migrate Custom Settings > Import AutoCAD Settings.
How do I export AutoCAD shortcuts?
You can export keyboard shortcuts to an XML file. Organize and print your keyboard shortcuts as a quick reference.
- Click View tab Windows panel User Interface drop-down Keyboard Shortcuts.
- In the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog, click Export.
- Navigate to the desired folder, specify a file name, and click Save.
How do I save an AutoCAD 2021 as a PDF?
Press and hold the Ctrl key and near the bottom-left of the drawing area, click the layout tabs that you want to export. Right-click and select Publish Selected Layouts. In the Publish dialog box, in the Publish To: drop-down list, select PDF. In the PDF preset drop-down list, select the preset that you want to use.
Can we convert PDF to AutoCAD?
Open a PDF file in Able2Extract. Click on the AutoCAD icon. Specify additional options; click on the Convert button. Save the converted file by clicking on the Save button.
How can I convert DWG file to PDF without AutoCAD?
First, locate a file system directory that has your DWG files, then simply right-mouse click and select Convert to Adobe PDF (Acrobat 8 Professional or Acrobat 3D version 8 must be installed first). Next, you will see a PDF with all views that were in the original DWG file.