How do you combine two extrudes in Solidworks?
The Combine feature lives under Insert>Features>Combine. The common function allows you to add two bodies together, and keep the area that is common to them. To use this feature, we will select the common button, and then under Bodies to Combine, select the two bodies.
Can you save a Solidworks assembly as a step file?
You can set the export options when you export SOLIDWORKS part or assembly documents as STEP files. To set the STEP export options: Click File > Save As. Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options.
How do I convert a STEP file to Solidworks assembly?
1) In the SolidWorks program click OPEN. 2) Set the filter to whichever file type you want to use (In this example we will use STEP). 3) Click Options… to access the options menu. In order to have IGES, STEP, UG and ACIS import as an assembly you will have to select the Import multiple bodies as parts option.
Can you combine bodies in SolidWorks?
In a multibody part, you can combine multiple solid bodies to create a single-bodied part or another multibody part. You can add or subtract bodies, or keep material that is common to the selected bodies. You can only combine bodies contained within one multibody part file.
How do you move bodies in SolidWorks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy. Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies.
How do I make multiple parts in SolidWorks?
To split bodies:
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save. …
- Click .
Can Solidworks open a STEP file?
SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect can read STEP, IGES, and ACIS file formats. … To open STEP, IGES, and ACIS files in SOLIDWORKS: Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
What programs can open STEP files?
Common CAD software tools that support STEP files include AutoCAD, Fusion, SolidWorks, OnShape, PTC Creo, CATIA and ArchiCAD. A major reason for its popularity as a data exchange format is that it is an official international standard (STEP stands for Standard for the Exchange of Product Data).