How do you manage revisions in Solidworks?
To set revisions manually: You must have appropriate permissions.
To set a revision number:
- Select the file and click Modify > Set Revision.
- In the Set Revision dialog box, verify that the revision number can be set. …
- Select one or more files to transition, and set column values as needed.
- Select the next revision.
How do I change annotations in Solidworks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click an annotation view and select Edit Annotation View. Select a sketch, edge, or face to change the horizontal direction. Flips the annotation view 180°. Type a value or move the slider to change the annotation view.
Setting Options for Revision Tables
- Click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Tables > Revision.
- Set the options and click OK. In drawings with multiple sheets, you can set options to activate a revision table on the first sheet only, link the tables on all sheets, or keep the tables independent of each other.
What is PDM SolidWorks?
SOLIDWORKS PDM (Product Data Management) is a cloud-based suite of applications to manage product design data and documents, allowing easier collaboration and increased productivity.
How do you activate the revision symbol in solidworks?
In Tools > Options > System Options > Drawings , select Enable symbol when adding new revision. When selected, any time you insert a row in a revision table, the Revision Symbol tool opens so you can insert revision symbols in the drawing.
What is a revision table?
You can insert a revision table (block) and related revision symbols in a drawing. Insert a revision table into a drawing to track document revisions, including revision symbols. In addition to the functionality for all tables, you can select: Revision symbol shapes.
How do you insert a revision symbol in solidworks?
Do one of the following:
- In a drawing with a revision already in the table, click Revision Symbol (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Annotations > Revision Symbol.
- Right-click in the revision table of the relevant revision row and select Revisions > Add Symbol.
How do you annotate a sketch in Solidworks?
You can add annotations in a part or assembly document, then insert them into drawings using annotation views or the Model Items PropertyManager, or you can create annotations in the drawing. Use the Design Library to see previews of saved annotations.
How do you add annotations in Solidworks?
You can add annotations such as dimensions, notes, and symbols to your part or assembly model. You can: Select the types of annotations to display in Annotation Properties. Control the display of annotations using shortcut menu selections on Annotations in the FeatureManager design tree.
You can link a note (generally at the lower left in the Sheet Format) to the revision letter so that it is synchronized. To synchronize the revision in a note: With no revision table in the drawing, right-click in the graphics area and select Edit Sheet Format.