Open a Revit model, and use the Import CAD tool to import vector data from other CAD programs. … Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD). In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type. Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file.
How do you change length in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do you override a dimension in Solidworks?
Click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options. On the System Options tab, select Sketch. Select Override dimensions on Drag/Move and click OK.
How do I change a feature in Solidworks?
To edit the definition of a feature:
- Do one of the following: Select a feature in the FeatureManager design tree or the graphics area. Click Edit > Definition. …
- Edit the definition in the dialog box by specifying new values or options.
- Click OK to accept the changes.
How do you repair dimensions in Solidworks?
To set a fixed length:
- Select the spline to dimension.
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart Dimensions.
- Click anywhere on the spline to place the dimension and click. …
- Drag an endpoint of the spline.
How do I change dimensions in Solidworks 2019?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel, mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do I change from inches to mm in SOLIDWORKS?
It is sometimes required to change the unit system of a particular file. This can be done by changing the Units settings from Tools > Options > Document Properties > Units. The same menu can be accessed in the bottom right hand corner of the SOLIDWORKS window.
How do you change multiple dimensions in SOLIDWORKS?
You can also set multiple dimensions to driven in the Dimension PropertyManager by clicking the Other tab, expanding Options, and selecting Driven.
Setting Multiple Dimensions to Driven
- In a sketch, select the dimensions.
- Right-click to display the shortcut menu.
- Under Dimension, click Driven.
How do I change dimension in SOLIDWORKS drawing?
You can specify that dimensions marked for drawings be inserted automatically into new drawing views. Go to Tools > Options and in the Document Properties tab, click Detailing. Select Dimensions marked for drawing under Auto insert on view creation.
How do you show the size of an angle in Solidworks?
To create an angular dimension between two lines:
- In an open sketch, click Smart Dimension. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- Click one line.
- Click the second line.
- Move the pointer to show the angular dimension preview.
- Set the value in the Modify box and click .
- Click to place the dimension.
How do I make text horizontal dimensions in Solidworks?
- Click Options on the Standard toolbar, or click Tools > Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, expand Dimensions.
- Click a dimension type, for example, Angle.
- In Text position, select a position, for example, Broken Leader, Horizontal Text .
- Click OK.
How do you edit a extrude boss in Solidworks?
If you enter the wrong distance to extrude to: and exit the boss-extrude dialog without correcting it, go to the design tree, right-click on the extrude name, and find the “edit feature” button in the box of options that appears above the mouse. The dialog will reopen and you can edit the properties of the extrude.
How do I change the depth of extrusion in Solidworks?
To change the depth of the feature, type a new value in the Depth box, or use the arrows to change the value. Modify Draft. To remove drafts from the feature, select the Modify Draft check box. Make sure the Extrude with Draft check box is cleared.
How do I show feature properties in Solidworks?
To access the Feature Properties dialog box, in the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a feature and select Feature Properties. The name of the feature. To change the name, select it and enter a new name. Click OK.