In the Toolspace, on the Toolbox tab, expand SHP Import/Export Utilities SHP Import/Export Settings. Double-click Edit Cogo Point Settings to open the Import SHP Point Settings dialog box. Click to create a new point settings file. Click to add a new setting.
How do you convert COGO points?
There are different options to achieve exporting of points.
- Use the EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command for the Cogo points to automatically convert these into blocks.
- Use Create blocks from COGO points command to create AutoCAD blocks for each AutoCAD Civil 3D point in a selection set.
How do you edit COGO points in Civil 3D?
A survey point is a COGO point that is created by the Survey feature. When the survey point description is changed and the field coding errors are corrected you can re-process the linework. Do one of the following: In the drawing, right-click a survey point Edit Survey Point Properties.
How do you edit points in AutoCAD?
Changing point type
Type PTYPE on the command line and press enter, Point Style window will open with a list of available point styles. You can select any other point style from this list of points and click OK to apply the point style.
How do you unlock COGO points?
To unlock points in the survey database users will navigate to the survey tab in the toolspace, expand their named survey database, expand the ‘Import Event’ node and expand the ‘named import event’.
What is a COGO point?
The name COGO comes from AutoCAD being a COordinate GeOmetry program (COGO). Thus, any point found in any AutoCAD drawing is technically a COGO Point. … When a program that is not “point compatible” is used to open a drawing with these custom objects, the result is what are called Proxy Objects.
How do I convert COGO points to shapefile?
In the Toolspace, on the Toolbox tab, expand SHP Import/Export Utilities SHP Import/Export. Double-click Export Cogo Points to SHP to open the SHP Cogo Points to SHP File dialog box. Click to display the Open File dialog box. Use this dialog box to specify the file name and path where the SHP file will be located.
How do you turn off COGO points in Civil 3D?
If you are trying to turn off the cogo points in the drawing on option would be to To turn off point label visibility.
- In the Settings tree, right-click the Point collection.
- Click Label Style Defaults.
- In the Edit Label Style Defaults dialog box, in the Label property, change the Visibility setting to False.
When to draw isolate or hide?
To hide objects
- Select the objects in the drawing that you want to hide.
- Right-click, and click Isolate Objects Hide Selected Objects. Alternatively, you can click on the right side of the drawing window status bar, then click Hide Objects, and select the objects you want to hide.
How do you select all COGO points?
Press CTRL + A to select all the points in the point group.
How do I change a block point in AutoCAD?
AutoLISP: Replace Selected Points with Block
- Enter the name of the block that will replace the point objects with ,enter>
- Specify the insertion Scale Factor.
- Specify the rotation angle.
- Select Point objects that will be replaced by the block. Note: this is not a global point replacement program by default.
How do you convert a block reference to a point?
In the Ribbon, Home tab, expand the Points dropdown and select Replace Softdesk Point Blocks.
- Select the blocks to convert (type All for all blocks).
- Hit enter – This will convert blocks into COGO points visible in Prospector.