You can change the order of components in a BOM. To reorder a named BOM list: Select one or more components in a named BOM. Drag them to another location in the list.
How do you organize BOM in SolidWorks?
Saving Sort Settings as a BOM Property
- Right-click a BOM table in an assembly or drawing.
- Set sort criteria for the table. For example, right-click a table column and click Sort.
- Under Sort Save, click Save current sort settings.
- Click OK. The current sort settings are saved as a BOM property.
How do I reorder parts in SolidWorks assembly?
You can reorder and reorganize components by dragging them in the FeatureManager design tree. You can change the order of the components within a level. By default, assembly components appear in the FeatureManager design tree in the order in which they are added.
How do I change item number in BOM SolidWorks?
To assign a new item number to the replaced component and keep it in the same row, in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager, select Keep Missing Item and Assign new item number and do not keep replaced component.
Can you reorder features in SolidWorks?
You can change the order in which features are rebuilt by dragging them in the FeatureManager design tree. As you drag up or down the tree, each item that you drag over highlights.
How do you exclude in Bom solidworks?
To exclude assembly components from a Bill of Materials:
- In the assembly document, right-click the component and click Component Properties .
- In the Component Properties dialog box, select Exclude from bill of materials, then click OK. You can dissolve subassemblies and combine like components in BOMs.
What is a top level BOM?
The resulting top-level BOM (item number) would include children; a mix of finished sub-assemblies, various parts and raw materials. A multi-level structure can be illustrated by a tree with several levels.
How do I move multiple parts in a Solidworks assembly?
In the FeatureManager design tree, drag the component you want to move. You can Ctrl + drag to move multiple components at the same time. As you move over other components, the pointer changes to indicate what will happen if you drop the component there.
What is one advantage of top down assembly modeling?
The top-down approach is more efficient to use than the bottom-up for large and complex assemblies because it reduces errors within the assembly. There are two methods to create assemblies using the top-down approach: layout sketch, master model.
What controls the direction and magnitude of a spline curvature?
The key is the Spline Handles. Spline handles control the direction and magnitude for the spline’s curvature at each point.
How do I change the part number in Solidworks?
To change the part number or description of the saved settings:
- Under Part Numbers, select the part number saved settings.
- Click Edit.
- In the Part Number dialog box, change Part number, Description, or both.
- Click OK.
How do you add materials in BOM solidworks?
To insert a bill of materials:
- With a drawing view selected, click Insert > Tables > Excel Based Bill of Materials.
- In the dialog box, select an Excel template for the BOM and click Open. …
- In the Bill of Materials Properties dialog box, select properties from the Configuration, Contents, and Control tabs.
- Click OK.
How do you change the balloon number in Solidworks?
Right-click the balloon and select Properties. Make changes in the Note PropertyManager and click OK. To edit balloon text: Double-click the balloon text and edit in place.
How do I rollback in SOLIDWORKS?
In the FeatureManager design tree, click the to expand the absorbed features within the parent feature. Right-click an absorbed feature, and select Rollback. A message appears that tells you the absorbed feature will be temporarily unabsorbed for editing purposes. Click OK.
What are stored in the SOLIDWORKS FeatureManager design tree?
The FeatureManager design tree on the left side of the SOLIDWORKS window provides an outline view of the active part, assembly, or drawing. This makes it easy to see how the model or assembly was constructed or to examine the various sheets and views in a drawing.
How do I move a feature in SOLIDWORKS?
To move a feature to a new place on a model:
- Select Instant3D (Features toolbar).
- In the graphics area, select the feature to move.
- Use the handles to drag the feature to its new location.