Can you join feature lines in Civil 3D?
Click Modify tab Edit Geometry panel Join Find. Select the feature line you want to join other lines to. Select the joining object or enter Multiple to make a selection of multiple feature lines, polylines, or 3D polylines.
Can surface create a feature line?
Generate Feature Line from the surface boundary:
Add Polyline as an outer boundary to the surface (set mid-destructive distance to 0.0001m). Once done, extract the boundary from the surface. … Create FeatureLine from 3D Polyline.
How do I add a line to an existing alignment in Civil 3D?
To add a fixed line (two points)
- Click the alignment. Click Alignment tab Modify panel Geometry Editor Find.
- On the Alignment Layout Tools toolbar, click Fixed Line (Two Points).
- Specify the start point.
- Specify the end point. A line preview is displayed.
How do I add lines to my surface?
To Add Surface TIN Lines
- To perform this operation, ensure that the surface style has triangles visibility enabled. …
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click , and click Add Line.
- At the command line, you are prompted to select the endpoints for the new TIN line.
How do you join two lines in Civil 3D?
To Join Feature Lines
- Click Modify tab Edit Geometry panel Join Find.
- Select the feature line you want to join other lines to.
- Select the joining object or enter Multiple to make a selection of multiple feature lines, polylines, or 3D polylines.
What is a feature line in Civil 3D?
Feature lines are 3D objects which can be used as grading footprints, surface breaklines, and as corridor baselines. About the Feature Lines Collection (Prospector Tab) Use the Feature Lines collection in the Prospector tree to manage feature line styles and layers.
Which object can create a feature line?
You can create a feature line by converting existing 2D or 3D polylines, lines, or arcs. You can select objects in the current drawing or from an Xref. Names can be assigned to feature lines. Any command that prompts to select a feature line includes an option to select by name from a list.
How do you create a feature line?
To Create Feature Lines From Objects
- Click Home tab Create Design panel Feature Line drop-down Create Feature Lines From Objects Find.
- In the drawing, select one or more polylines, lines, or arcs. Then press Enter. …
- In the Create Feature Lines dialog box, specify the feature line options.
How do I add elevation to my feature line?
To insert a feature line elevation point by selecting a location
- Click Modify tab Edit Elevations panel Insert Elevation Point Find.
- Select the feature line or other object.
- Click to select the location along the feature line to insert the elevation point.
- Specify the elevation by entering a value.
How do I create a profile in Civil 3D?
To create a quick profile by selecting points
- Click Home tab Create Design panel Profile drop-down Quick Profile Find. …
- Enter p (points).
- In the drawing, select a point, and then a second point.
- Optionally, select additional points as required.
- Press Enter.
How do you add a vertex to an alignment in Civil 3D?
Adding a Point of Intersection to an Alignment
- Click the alignment. Click Alignment tab Modify panel Geometry Editor .
- On the Alignment Layout Tools toolbar, click Insert PI.
- In the drawing window, click the location for the new PI.
How do you resolve crossing breaklines in Civil 3d?
To Find and Fix Crossing Surface Breaklines
- Click Analyze tab Ground Data Resolve Crossing Breaklines Find.
- At the dynamic input prompt or at the command line, specify the location to look for crossing breaklines: Survey Database, Figure, or Surface.