Start in upper left corner and work way across page so as not to miss any details. Read the plan cover sheet. This contains important project information like the project name, architect, contact information, project information and the date. It might also include a drawing of the finished product.
What do architectural drawings show?
Architectural drawings can be beneficial when moving to the construction stage of a new building because they show construction workers details about a building that can inform their work, such as where to place windows or doors, how many floors they need to plan for and what materials they might use based on the …
What does C stand for on a floor plan?
House plan abbreviations
|CBD / CPD||Cupboard|
What does T in a circle mean on floor plans?
A small circle bisected by two parallel lines is a wall outlet, while a circle superimposed over an X is a ceiling light and a T hanging from a circle is a thermostat.
What are the 5 major architectural drawings?
Standard views used in architectural drawing
- Floor plan.
- Site plan.
- Cross section.
- Isometric and axonometric projections.
- Detail drawings.
- Presentation drawings.
- Survey drawings.
What are the 6 types of construction drawings?
What Are the Six Types of Construction Drawings?
- Interior and exterior elevations.
- Building and wall sections.
- Interior and exterior details.
- Schedules and room finishes.
- Framing and utility plans.
How do you read CAD drawings?
How to Read CAD House Plan Drawings
- Look at the legend. The legend or key, usually located near the lower right-hand corner of the drawing, should explain all of the symbols on the drawing. …
- Read the notes. Particularly near things like windows and doors, CAD drawings have lots of notes. …
- Pay attention to lines.
What is the difference between architectural drawing and structural drawing?
Structural drawings are generally prepared by registered professional engineers, and based on information provided by architectural drawings. … They do not address architectural details like surface finishes, partition walls, or mechanical systems.