In order to propagate the broken/breakout view definition perform the following: Go to Tools > Options > Mechanical Design > Drafting > Layout > View Creation and then select Propagation of broken and breakout specifications. Discover more about CATIA V5.
What is a broken view?
A broken view is a view that allows shortening an elongated object.
Scenario: 1 – Open CATIA V5 2 – Open the Drawing. 3 – Use Edit -> Links -> Pointed Documents to find that there is an OLE Link from Word Document in this Drawing. 4 – In the OLE Links Dialog click on the Brake Link button to brake the Link. 5 – Click yes in the pop up message 6 – Close the dialog. .
How do I change the view on Catia?
Editing the View Angle
- Select View > Commands List then choose View Angle from the list or enter directly c:view angle in the power input field. …
- Select Perspective . …
- Drag the green arrow (which turns red) to change the view angle.
How do you make a broken view in Solidworks?
To create a broken view:
- Select a drawing view and click Break. (Drawing toolbar) or click Insert > Drawing View > Break.
- Set options in the PropertyManager: Option. …
- Click in the view twice to place two break lines, creating the break. …
- Add additional break lines as necessary. …
- Click .
How do you create a broken out view in Solidworks?
To create a broken-out section:
- Click Broken-out Section. (Drawing toolbar), or click Insert > Drawing View > Broken-out Section. …
- Sketch a profile.
- Set options in the Section View dialog box. …
- Set options in the Broken-out Section PropertyManager. …
- Click .
You can repair a broken link by removing the link to the missing document. For example, if a section has a broken link because a linked topic was deleted, you can open the section in the Outline Editor and remove the missing topic from the section.
How do I change the ISO view in Catia?
Changing the View Properties
- Right-click the isometric view and select Properties .
- On the View tab, check 3D Colors in the Dress-up area.
- In the Generation Mode area, select Raster from the View generation mode drop-down list.
- Click the Options button. …
- Select Shading with edges from the Mode drop-down list.