The Scale Feature could be can under the Insert menu > Features > Scale or Insert menu > Molds > Scale. A 3D model can be scaled about its Centroid, the Origin, or a reference Coordinate System.
How do I compress a step file?
- encase the cad model in a simple cube. After transferring, delete the cube.
- Zip, rar, or otherwise compress the file.
- Span the file across multiple smaller files (zip and rar support spanning)
- Create a 2D drawing and send it as a small PDF file. 1 0. Autonomous Robot 27 Aug, 2019 10:48 PM.
Can you edit STEP files in Solidworks?
You can edit only features that were created from an ACIS, Autodesk Inventor, IGES, Parasolid, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, STEP, VDAFS, or VRML file.
How do you scale a 3D model in Solid Edge?
Solid Edge-How to Scale a Part
- Once you have saved the original part. …
- In the blank part document select “Part Copy” which can be found in the Clipboard.
- Select your part from the file location.
- The Part Copy Parameters dialogue box appears.
- Towards the bottom you will see where you can scale the part.
How do I reduce step size in Autocad?
Use the following commands to reduce the size of a DWG file.
- Detach all unneeded xref files using the XREF command.
- Select all objects in a drawing and enter the OVERKILL command. …
- Enter the -PURGE command and choose Regapps.
- Enter the PURGE command and select all options.
How do I reduce the size of a Solidworks drawing?
The Trick is to turn off detailing mode BEFORE you save the drawing in the new version. Once you have saved the drawing with detailing mode turned on the file is converted and possibly quite large. To get the file back down in size you must turn off detailing mode and use “Save As” and re-write the file.
How do I compress a Solidworks file?
Highly Compressed Graphics Files
- With a SOLIDWORKS part or assembly document open, click File > Save As.
- In the dialog box, set Save as type to HCG (*. hcg).
- Type the file name in the File name box, and click Save.
How do I convert a STEP file to SolidWorks 2020?
Reading STEP, IGES, and ACIS Files in SOLIDWORKS
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, in Files of type, select the desired file format: STEP AP203/214/242 (*. …
- In the dialog box, browse to the desired file.
- Click Options.
- In the System Options dialog box, set options including: …
- Click OK.
Can I open a STEP file in SolidWorks?
SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect can read STEP, IGES, and ACIS file formats. … To open STEP, IGES, and ACIS files in SOLIDWORKS: Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
Can we edit STEP files?
STEP file on disk and creates a feature tree the same as opening a . STEP file without using 3D Interconnect. So if you’ve found that you can’t edit . STEP or Parasolid files in the way you used to, the chances are 3D Interconnect is turned on.