How do I flatten a model in Solidworks?
To flatten a surface: In an open part, click Flatten (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Flatten.
How do I flatten a surface in solidworks professional?
A Flatten-Surface feature appears in the FeatureManager design tree. You can move the Flatten-Surface feature using Move Body. Click Insert > Features > Move/Copy. You can use the Measure tool to check your flattened surface for accuracy.
What is a lofted bend?
Lofted bends in sheet metal parts use two open-profile sketches that are connected by a loft. Begin with two open profile sketches. … Use Lofted Bends to create a solid feature. Lofted bend is complete.
Is ExactFlat free?
ExactFlat Online has a 30 Day trial with FREE downloads of the 2D flat pattern (DXF format). Additional downloads are available via annual subscription, monthly subscription or pay-per-download pricing.
How do you add bends in Solidworks?
Using Insert Bends to Add a Body
- In a sheet metal part, select or create a plane and draw a profile sketch.
- Click Extruded Boss/Base (Features toolbar).
- In the PropertyManager: Set the direction and depth of the extrusion. …
- Click Insert Bends. (Sheet Metal toolbar) or Insert > Sheet Metal > Bends .
- In the PropertyManager:
Does solidworks professional include simulation?
As the foundation for the entire SOLIDWORKS suite of product development solutions, SOLIDWORKS CAD packages cover design, simulation, cost estimation, manufacturability checks, CAM, sustainable design, and data management.
How do you flatten sheet metal in Solidworks?
To flatten a body, do one:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select the part and click Flatten (Sheet Metal toolbar).
- In the cut list, right-click the body and click Flatten .
- In either the FeatureManager design tree or the cut list, right-click the Flat-Pattern feature for the part and click Unsuppress .
How do you unfold sheet metal in Solidworks?
- In a sheet metal part, click Unfold. on the Sheet Metal toolbar, or click Insert > Sheet Metal > Unfold.
- In the graphics area, select a face that does not move as a result of the feature for Fixed face. . …
- Select one or more bends as the Bends to unfold. …
- Click .