Don’t open the Revit file that you want archived. Instead open Revit and go to the Add-Ins tab and click on Transmit a model. Find the location of the Revit file you want by clicking Browse Model. Choose an archive location where you want to store the file along with associated files by selecting Browse folders.
How do I remove a Revit file from Central?
- Click File tab Open.
- Select a workshared model.
- In the Open dialog, select Detach from Central.
- Click Open. The default file name for the model is the original filename with “_detached” appended. …
- In the task dialog, specify whether to preserve or discard worksets. …
- Save the model.
How do I roll back a Revit model?
A dialog opens, showing the most recent versions of the RVT file. Select the file version whose date and time correspond most closely to the period you wish to roll back to and click Save As to save this older version as a new model. Open and detach this new model and save it to Revit Server as a new central model.
How do I send a Revit file to someone else?
On the eTransmit panel of the Add-Ins tab, click Transmit a model. Choose the model(s) to transmit: Click Browse Model, and navigate to the location of the Revit model you want to transmit. Click Browse folders, and navigate to the folder that contains the Revit models you want to transmit.
How do I export a Revit model?
To export 3D model data for use in Autodesk Revit
- Click Manage Model. …
- In the Model Explorer panel, make the desired layers visible. …
- Zoom out to see the area to export.
- Click Present/Share Present. …
- In the Export to 3D Model File dialog box, specify the area to export:
Why can’t I detach from central Revit?
The network connection/resource is busy, or disconnected (likely culprit) Someone is creating a local at the same moment (less often, but happens) Opening a file created in a newer version of Revit (less often) File is a Local file (user copied a local over a central)
Where is Revit backup files?
Backup copies of the non-workshared project will be saved in the Journals folder located at C:Users<username>AppDataLocalAutodeskRevit<product name and release>Journals. Families from the project may also be found here.
How do I recover a deleted Revit file?
Recover Deleted Revit Models in a Cloud Project
- Click Collaborate tab Manage Models panel (Manage Cloud Models).
- Select a cloud project. …
- Click the Trash tab. …
- Locate the model you want to recover. …
- Click (Recover). …
- Click Recover.
Where is Revit recovery file?
Revit stores central model backup information in a folder called <Central-file-name>_backup.
To share using this method: Publish your models from Revit to BIM 360 using Revit Cloud Worksharing. Use the Design Collaboration module to create a package and share your models with other teams. Other teams choose to consume the shared models.
How do I export a 3D model in Revit?
Open the 3D view of the project to export. Click File tab Export CAD Formats (DWG files). In the DWG Export dialog, click (Modify Export Setup). On the Solids tab of the Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup dialog, select Export as AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD MEP Objects.
export revit models for other consultants use
- Have everyone Synchronize to Central within their local files and close the file.
- Navigate to the Central File and select it, and ensure Detach from Central & Audit are checked (Not Create New Local)
- Once you click Open, a dialog box will pop up.
Browse Revit Sever..
- Select location for Save model by using Browse folders… button.
- If links should be included, select the desired formats.
- Optional: If upgrading, select to purge unused families and other Revit objects.
- Click Transmit model.
Can I open a Revit File in SketchUp?
You can import a Revit 3-D model into Google SketchUp if you export it in the “. DXF” file format. Click the “R” icon on your toolbar and select the “Export” option. Click “CAD Formats” and select “DXF” from the list of export types.