Why is SketchUp not snapping to Axis?
The direction keys toggle to locking to a specific axis on/off. See answers above. Holding down one of these keys may be your problem. Holding down the [Shift] key for locking only works when you see the colored R or G or B, indicating the direction at that moment, or when locking to any existing edge or face or guide.
In SketchUp, you orbit, zoom, and pan all the time as you draw:
- Orbit: When you orbit, you move around, above, or below your model. …
- Zoom: Zoom in to focus on a specific area as you draw, and zoom out to see more of your model.
- Pan: When you pan, you move left, right, up, or down.
What are the system requirements for SketchUp?
- 1 GHz processor.
- 4GB RAM.
- 500MB of free hard-disk space.
- 3D class video card with 512 MB of memory or higher and support for hardware acceleration. Please ensure that the video card driver supports OpenGL 3.1 or higher and is up to date.
How do you scale down an object?
To scale an object to a smaller size, you simply divide each dimension by the required scale factor. For example, if you would like to apply a scale factor of 1:6 and the length of the item is 60 cm, you simply divide 60 / 6 = 10 cm to get the new dimension.