You can set the export options when you export SOLIDWORKS part or assembly documents as STEP files. To set the STEP export options: Click File > Save As. Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options.
Is SolidWorks a step File?
SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect can read STEP, IGES, and ACIS file formats. SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect can read reference planes and user-defined attributes or custom properties from these neutral formats.
How do you create a STEP File?
To Export the Current Drawing to an Step File (AutoCAD Mechanical…
- At the Command prompt, enter STEPOUT.
- In the STEPOUT Translation dialog box, in the Files of type box, select *. ste,*. stp, or *. step.
- In the File Name box, specify the name of the STEP file.
- Click Save.
How do I convert a STEP file to Solidworks 2020?
Reading STEP, IGES, and ACIS Files in SOLIDWORKS
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, in Files of type, select the desired file format: STEP AP203/214/242 (*. …
- In the dialog box, browse to the desired file.
- Click Options.
- In the System Options dialog box, set options including: …
- Click OK.
Can you edit a step file in Solidworks?
You can edit only features that were created from an ACIS, Autodesk Inventor, IGES, Parasolid, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, STEP, VDAFS, or VRML file.
How do you convert assembly to a part?
Depending on how the assembly was made most of the time this process will work:
- Open the assembly Save As Part and select the All Components radio button and hit Save. …
- Go to Insert, Features, Combine: …
- Drag a box around the entire part to select everything and have ADD marked then select.
How do I merge two bodies in a Solidworks assembly?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
Can AutoCAD open a STEP file?
In order to open a stp file in AutoCAD you’ll need to follow a 3 step process; first, select the “Insert Tab” function, followed by “Import Panel”, and then find the STP file. Second, select the STP file you’d like to import into AutoCAD. Lastly, click to open the file.
What programs can open a STEP file?
How do I open an STEP file? You can open a STEP file in a variety of CAD programs, including Autodesk Fusion 360 (cross-platform), IMSI TurboCAD (Windows, Mac), FreeCAD (cross-platform), and Dassault Systemes CATIA (Windows, Linux).
Can I print a step file?
Working with CAD, it’s often helpful to translate digital designs into physical models. This can be done by converting your STEP files into 3D printable STLs, which can then be processed and sent to a 3D printer.
How do I save a STEP file in SolidWorks?
Click File > Save As. Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options. Select from the options described below, then click OK. Click Save to export the document.
How do I get the size of a STEP file?
To get the dimensions of the 3D model part do the following:
- Run ABViewer and open an IGES or STEP file.
- If the Structure panel is not displayed, on the Viewer tab select the Structure command.
- With the left mouse button click the model part overall dimensions of which you want to get.