With your top level assembly open, left click on a sub-assembly that you would like to save as a part and chose Open Subassembly. 2. With the sub-assembly open click File, Save as. Chose the option to Save as when prompted.
How do you turn an assembly into a part?
Depending on how the assembly was made most of the time this process will work:
- Open the assembly Save As Part and select the All Components radio button and hit Save. …
- Go to Insert, Features, Combine: …
- Drag a box around the entire part to select everything and have ADD marked then select.
Can you save a SolidWorks assembly as an STL?
You can set the export options when you export SolidWorks part or assembly documents as STL files. … Click File, Save As. Select STL (*. stl) for Save as type, then click Options.
How do I merge two bodies in a SOLIDWORKS assembly?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do I open assembly in SOLIDWORKS 2020?
Opening Components from Assembly Documents
- Click or right-click a part and click Open Part .
- Click or right-click a subassembly, and then, on the Open Part drop-down, select the subassembly.
Can you 3D print a SolidWorks assembly?
You can export part and assembly files to STL (. stl), 3D Manufacturing Format (. 3mf), or Additive Manufacturing File Format (. … However, you can still use Save To File to save your model to a 3D printing format.
Is there a free version of SolidWorks?
Currently, there are two options available to try SOLIDWORKS for free. The first option is through MySolidWorks which offers an online product trial of the latest version of SOLIDWORKS Premium, all from within your browser. … These SOLIDWORKS trials can be created for 7, 15, or 30 days.
Can you turn an assembly into an STL?
In Solidworks all you need to do when you go to save the assembly as an stl file, is click into ‘options’ in the save as dialogue (after selecting ‘stl’ as the type) and un-check ‘Save all components of an assembly in a single file’. Then you’ll get them all as separate stl files.
How do I convert a STEP file to Solidworks assembly?
1) In the SolidWorks program click OPEN. 2) Set the filter to whichever file type you want to use (In this example we will use STEP). 3) Click Options… to access the options menu. In order to have IGES, STEP, UG and ACIS import as an assembly you will have to select the Import multiple bodies as parts option.