Select a drafting view in the Project Browser. Right-click the view name, and click Save to New File. Enter a new name for the project. This creates a new Revit project file that contains the selected view and the contents of that view.
Can you transfer drafting views in Revit?
You can reuse a drafting view from one Revit project in another Revit project, thus reducing rework. … In the Open dialog, select a project file, and click Open. The Insert Views dialog opens, which displays views that are saved in the project. From the list, select an option for views to display.
How do you save a view in Revit?
To save a single view, in the Project Browser, right-click the view and click Save to New File. Navigate to the desired location, enter a file name, and click Save. To save several views from the project, select File tab Save As Library View. In the Save Views dialog, select the views to save, and click OK.
How do you copy a detail view in Revit?
To copy the model geometry from an existing view into a new view, right-click the existing view in the Project Browser, and click Duplicate View Duplicate. If you right-click, and click Duplicate View Duplicate with Detailing, both the model geometry and the detail geometry are copied into the new view.
What can you export from Revit?
Autodesk Revit Building allows you to export 2D and 3D views from the File menu as DWG, DXF, DGN or SAT files.
How do I load a drafting view in Revit?
Insert a Drafting View from Another Project
- Open the target Revit LT project (that is, the project in which you want to insert the existing drafting view).
- Click Insert tab Import panel Insert from File drop-down Insert Views from File.
- In the Open dialog, select a project file, and click Open.
How do I use drafting in Revit?
Use the detailing tools on the Annotate tab to sketch the details.
- Click View tab Create panel (Drafting View).
- In the New Drafting View dialog, enter a value for Name, and select a value for Scale. …
- Click OK. …
- In the Project Browser, expand Drafting Views to see the newly created drafting view listed.
Can you save a 3D view in Revit?
Use the SteeringWheels tool to save a view. If SteeringWheels are not displayed in the drawing area, click (Full Navigation Wheel) on the navigation bar. Right-click the SteeringWheels, and click Save View. Enter a name for the new 3D view, and click OK.
How do I export a 3D view in Revit?
- Create a duplicate view: In the Project Browser, right-click the 3D view to export, and click Duplicate View Duplicate. …
- Add a section box: For information about section boxes, see Change the Extents of a 3D View. …
- Export the 3D view defined by the section box: Click File tab Export, and select an export option.
How do I change the default 3D view in Revit?
How do I change the default 3d view in Revit?
- Open the 3D view.
- In the Project Browser, right-click the 3D view name, and select Show Camera.
- In the Project Browser, double-click the view in which you want to modify the camera position (for example, the plan view or the elevation view).
- Drag the camera to move it.
What does duplicate as dependent mean in Revit?
Duplicate as a Dependent creates a copy of the view and links it to the original (parent) view, as shown in the Project Browser below. View-specific changes made to the overall view, such as changing the Scale, are also reflected in the dependent (child) views and vice-versa.
How do you copy an elevation view in Revit?
Copying Plan Views
- Select the view crop boundary of the plan view,
- copy to clipboard.
- Go to the other project.
- Paste – Aligned to Current View or to Selected Level.
Can you export Revit to AutoCAD?
Just in case you need to convert a 3D Revit model to 3D AutoCAD, here ya go. … With the Revit model open, Click the Application Menu (“Big R”) > “Export” > “CAD Formats” > Select “DWG“. In the “DWG Export” dialog box – Click on the ellipsis (button with 3 dots) to open the “Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup” dialog box.
Is there a Revit viewer?
To open and review models without an active license, you can run Revit in viewer mode. Revit Viewer is intended for reviewing models and printing views and sheets without the need for a software license or subscription.