Is it possible to create surface features in part body?
When adding a surface-based feature or a surface feature modifying another surface-based feature or surface belonging to the same body, Part Design features based on that second feature then reference the new added feature. In other words, a replace operation is automatically performed.
How do you cut a body with a surface Catia?
You can split a body with a plane, face or surface. The purpose of this task is to show you how to split a body by means of a surface. Open the Split.
- Click Split . The Split Definition dialog box is displayed.
- Select Surface. 1 as the splitting surface. …
- Click OK .
Can you create pocket as first feature in Catia?
If your insert a new body and create a pocket as the first feature of this body, the application creates material: Pockets can also be created from sketches including several profiles. These profiles must not intersect.
How do you turn a surface into a solid body?
To convert a boundary surface into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Boundary Surface, and in Options and Preview, click Create solid. To convert a trim-surface feature into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Trim Surface and in Surface Split Options, click Create solid.
How do you sew on a surface?
Creating a Sew Surface
- Click Sew Surface . The Sew Surface Definition dialog box is displayed.
- Select the sewing Volume (here Add. 1).
- Select the Object to sew onto the volume (here Join. 1). …
- Click OK . The surface is sewn onto the volume. …
- Double-click SewSurface. …
- Click OK .
What is a functional surface?
A functional surface is continuous, and all locations on the surface can have only one elevation, or z-value, per x,y coordinate. … In contrast to a functional surface, which has surface continuity, are solid model surfaces that can model and store true 3D, or multiple z-values, per x,y coordinate.
What is the difference between split and trim in CATIA?
Split: Split in CATIA is used to cut off one element with another element. … Trim: By the Trim option in Catia, a user can cut off two elements interchangeably. When we are going to trim, it is important to select the elements that we are going to cut off(They will appear in the trimmed elements field).
How do you trim a solid in CATIA?
Split a solid with a solid
- Select the Combine tool from the Intersect ribbon group.
- Click the solid you want to cut.
- Click the solid you want to cut with.
- Mouse over the solid to see the regions created by the cut.
- Click the region you want to delete. The regions you can delete are highlighted in red.
Where is quick trim in CATIA?
Open the Sketcher_01. CATPart document and ensure that the Geometrical Constraints option is activated: Click Quick Trim . The Quick Trim options are displayed in the Sketch tools toolbar.
What are sketch based features?
Sketch-based features use a Sketch feature (a sketch) to define their shape, dimensions, and general placement.