Recap can import almost any scan data enabling you to view and analyse the data. Not only that but you can save your work as an RCS or RCP file which can be imported into most Autodesk software such as AutoCAD or Revit.
What is RCS AutoCAD?
RCS-files are ReCap-Scan-files, point clouds, which are saved in ReCap. It is possible to use them by adding Point Clouds in the External Reference Manager (command XREF).
What files are compatible with AutoCAD?
Supported File-Based Data Formats
|Data Source Type||Supported File Extensions||Supported File Version|
|3D Model||.3DS, .DAE, .DXF, .FBX, .OBJ|
|Autodesk Civil 3D DWG Files||.DWG||All versions|
|AutoCAD DWG (3D Objects) Files||.DWG, .DXF||up to AutoCAD 2020|
|AutoCAD DWG Files as 2D Overlay||.DWG , .DXF,.F2D||Up to AutoCAD 2020|
How do I import an e57 file into AutoCAD?
Open RECAP and launch a new project. IMPORT: Click on “Select files to import” and navigate to the folder where you saved all . e57 files and select them. Before you start importing the scan data, please adjust the filter options given by RECAP.
How do I open a 3DM file in AutoCAD?
Go to the Insert tab on the ribbon. Select Import. Choose “3DM”
- Use the IMPORT (Command)
- Check in the “files of type” list the format of your original file to be imported.
- Choose (Rhino *. 3dm)
What is a .RCP file?
An . rcp format file is a project file that groups together multiple . rcs scan files. … Note: You can use Autodesk® ReCap to convert scan file data to a point cloud format that can be viewed and edited in other products.
Can you convert NWD to DWG?
The main purpose of a Published NWD file is to enable file sharing in a secured/non-editable format. Accordingly, you cannot convert an NWD file into DGN, DWG or any other editable file format.
Can AutoCAD open OBJ files?
Right now, AutoCAD cannot read an . obj file directly. Please use Autodesk 3DS Max to create the . dwg file from the OBJ file.
How do I convert XYZ to RCP?
To do so, follow these steps:
- Launch ReCap Pro.
- Select New project.
- Import Point cloud.
- Give the . RCP file a name and location.
- Click Proceed.
- Hit Select Files to import.
- Navigate to the . XYZ files on the computer.
- register / index / launch the project.
How do I view a .E57 file?
How can I view the LiDAR Data?
- Download and install CloudCompare.
- Unzip *_lidar_terrestrial.zip to see the .E57 file.
- Open CloudCompare and drag and drop the . E57 file into the main window. …
- Once loaded you can navigate around the point cloud.
How do I open a LAS file in AutoCAD?
To Import Layer Settings from a Layer State (LAS) File
- Click Home tab Layers panel Layer State. …
- In the Layer State drop-down list, click Manage Layer States. …
- In the Layer States Manager, click Import.
- In the Import Layer State dialog box, open the LAS file that you want to use, and then close the Layer States Manager.
What software can open 3DM files?
Programs that open 3DM files
- Autodesk Fusion 360.
- Web. Autodesk Fusion 360. Free Trial.
- iOS. Autodesk Fusion 360.
How do I convert a 3DM file?
3DM file converter free of charge
- To download & install a 3DM file converter go to the Autoconverter product page.
- Start the Autoconverter program using the new shortcut added to the Windows menu.
- Import your 3DM Rhino file into Autoconverter model space.
- Export your Rhino 3DM model to SKP Sketchup file format.
What is a 3DM file and how can I open it?
A 3DM file is an open source file format which is used for 3D graphics software. Developed by the openNURBS initiative, 3DM files are inherently classified as computer-aided design (CAD) files as they can be processed by several CAD applications.