Place the cursor in the view where you want to paste the elements. Click Modify tab Clipboard panel Paste drop-down (Paste from Clipboard). NoteYou can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+V to paste elements.
How do you cut and paste in Revit?
Select one or more elements in the drawing area. Click Modify |
How do you move an object freely in Revit?
Do one of the following:
- Select the elements to move, and then click Modify |
tab Modify panel (Move).
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Move), select the elements to move, and then press Enter .
Can you copy with a base point in Revit?
You can’t copy with base point but you can paste aligned to current view.
How do you duplicate text in Revit?
Click Modify |
How do I copy text from AutoCAD to Revit?
- To Copy Text cleanly from Microsoft Word into AutoCAD or Revit:
- Step One: Highlight the text in Word & COPY to Clipboard (CNTRL+C)
- Step Two: In either AutoCAD or Revit begin the TEXT command.
- Step Three: Click out in the drawing area to begin the text box.
- Step Four: Paste the text into the text box (CNTRL+V)
How do you move an object vertically in Revit?
Some elements can move only horizontally or vertically by default; Revit provides visual cues about the way that a selected element can move. To remove this constraint, press and hold Shift while dragging the element. Conversely, some elements can move in any direction by default.
How do I move a Revit model?
Relocate the Model
- Click Manage tab Project Location panel Position drop-down (Relocate Project). The Relocate Project tool works similar to the Move tool. As you move the cursor over elements, valid references are highlighted and identified in the status bar.
- Move the project graphically in the view.
How do you move a house in Revit?
Relocate a Project
- Click Manage tab Project Location panel Position drop-down (Relocate Project). You use the tool just like the Move tool.
- Move the project graphically in the view.. Note: If you have set levels or spot elevations to report values from the shared origin, their values update.
How do I copy and paste from one Revit model to another?
How can I copy and paste geometry from one file into another? Go to the file you want to copy from, highlight the objects to copy and type “Ctrl-C” (that is, hold down the Ctrl key and type “C”). Then open the file you want to paste that element into and type “Ctrl-V.”
How do you copy with base points?
Try using CTRL+SHIFT+C to copy. Select the objects first then CTRL+SHIFT+C then specify the basepoint. Now when you do a CTRL+SHIFT+V, you can snap your copied object.
What is the significance of base point in copy command?
The Copy with Base Point command allows the user to copy an object to the clipboard. This can then be used later in the same drawing, an existing drawing, or a new drawing.