How do you drag in Revit?
Tip: To drag an element without selecting it first, enable Drag Elements on Selection on the status bar. When using this option, the element is selected as you drag it. Some elements can move only horizontally or vertically by default; Revit provides visual cues about the way that a selected element can move.
What is the Move command in Revit?
The Move tool works similarly to dragging. However, it offers additional functionality on the Options Bar and allows more precise placement. Use the Offset tool to copy or move a selected element, such as a model line, detail line, wall, or beam, a specified distance parallel to the selected element.
How do you move freely in Revit?
You can move elements that share a common end join simultaneously without breaking the join. To do this, use a drag control or select an option on the context menu. Use the Moves with Nearby Elements option to specify that lines and components near a wall move a corresponding distance whenever that wall is moved.
How do I move a line in Revit?
Move Lines and Components with Walls
- Select one or more components.
- On the Properties palette, select Moves With Nearby Elements.
- Move the selected components to the desired position. Witness lines show dimensions from walls and other points. If desired, you can click a dimension to change it.
How do you move in Revit 3D?
In a 3D view, press shift and use the middle button to orbit the model. The center of rotation is the center of all model geometry. If you select an object and then orbit the view, the selected object is used as the center of rotation.
What is the shortcut key of grid in Revit?
|CL||COLUMN; STRUCTURAL COLUMN / Adds a vertical load-bearing element to the building model.|
|CM||PLACE A COMPONENT / Place a component.|
|DR||DOOR / Adds a door to the building model.|
|GR||GRID / Places column grid lines in the building design.|
|LL||LEVEL / Places a level in view.|
How do I change keyboard commands in Revit?
Add Keyboard Shortcuts
- Click View tab Windows panel User Interface drop-down Keyboard Shortcuts.
- In the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog, locate the desired Revit tool or command, using one or both of the following methods: In the search field, enter the name of the command. …
- Add a keyboard shortcut to a command:
What is the Revit family file format?
The Revit Family File is stored in the RFA format and is affixed with the RFA extension, and is used by Revit. These RFA files are generally classified as data files that contain one or more 3D models that can be imported into a three dimensional scene and were created and saved using the Revit Family Editor.
How do you move multiple objects in Revit?
Select Multiple Elements
- While pressing Ctrl , click each of the elements. …
- Draw a selection box by placing the cursor on one side of the elements to be selected and dragging it diagonally to form a rectangular boundary. …
- Press Tab to highlight connected elements, and then click to select.
How do you move a level tag in Revit?
Select and move the end drag control near the bubble to resize the level line. Click the Add Elbow drag control ( ), then drag the control to the desired location to move the bubble away from the level line.