How do I create a template from an existing project in Revit?
- Open the Revit project file (RVT). …
- Save As a template file (.rte)
- Remove items from the template that will not be re-used on all/most new projects.
- Place in your designated template directory.
- Set Starting view.
- In Revit Options>File Locations>Project template files, promote new template to the top if desired.
What should be in a Revit template file?
A project template can include view templates, loaded families, defined settings (such as units, fill patterns, line styles, line weights, view scales, and more), and geometry, if desired.
How do I save a view as a template?
See Graphic Display Options. Click Save as View Template. In the New View Template dialog, enter a name for the template, and click OK.
Can you save a Revit project as a template?
Revit does not allow template files to be directly saved as a project file (using the Save As command). The process for creating a project from a template would be to select to create a project (Ctrl+N), and specify the template to use for the new project.
What is the use of templates in Revit?
Use the default templates, or define custom templates to enforce office standards. A project template provides a starting point for a new project, including view templates, loaded families, defined settings (such as units, fill patterns, line styles, line weights, view scales, and more), and geometry, if desired.
How do I install a template in Revit 2020?
Click File tab Options. Click the File Locations tab.
Add one or more templates to the Project templates list, as follows:
- Click (Add Value).
- Navigate to the project template file, select it, and click Open. The template is added to the list.
- Under Name, replace the default template name with a meaningful name.
What is a view template in Revit?
A view template is a collection of view properties, such as view scale, discipline, detail level, and visibility settings. Use view templates to apply standard settings to views. View templates can help to ensure adherence to office standards and achieve consistency across construction document sets.
How do I load a template in Revit 2019?
Location of project templates
- Create the project templates that you want to include in the list.
- Click File tab Options.
- Click the File Locations tab.
- Add one or more templates to the Project templates list, as follows: Click (Add Value). …
- Rearrange the list to put templates in the desired order.
How do I get click up templates?
How to Load a View Template
- Create your desired view.
- Open the view’s … menu.
- Click Template Center.
- Select Browse Templates.
- Select a template card to preview.
- Select Use Template.
Can you import view templates in Revit?
This is easily achieved with this free add-in ‘Transfer Template’. All that is needed is to run the add-in, select the linked project and choose the view which view templates to transfer.