When a section box is first displayed, the extents of the visible geometry are used to define the extents of the section box. Select the section box and use the grip controls to resize the extents. Right-click and select to hide the section box so it is no longer visible in the view.
How do I select a section box in Revit?
Section Box Tool
- First of all select the object(s) you want to section box.
- Go to the Modify tab on the ribbon bar.
- Under the group called “View” select “Section Box”
How do I edit a section box?
Change the Extents of a 3D View
- Open a 3D view.
- On the Properties palette, under Extents, select the Section Box option.
- Click OK.
- Select the section box and use the drag controls to modify the extents, as necessary. The following image shows the section box selected with the blue arrow drag controls visible.
How do I reset a selection box in Revit?
To reset your view, go to the Properties Menu and under the Extents tab. There should be a check box by the Selection box option which turns your Selection Box on and off. Enjoy the video!
How do you save a section box in Revit?
- Create a duplicate view: In the Project Browser, right-click the 3D view to export, and click Duplicate View Duplicate. …
- Add a section box: For information about section boxes, see Change the Extents of a 3D View. …
- Export the 3D view defined by the section box: Click File tab Export, and select an export option.
Why is scope box greyed out Revit?
The reason for this weird behaviour is simple: it turned out that Scope Box parameter becomes read-only if you modify the Crop Cregion sketch. Since the Revit Scope Box is a cube, it can’t be applied to those views that have non-rectangular Crop Region!
How do you reset the default 3D view in Revit?
Report this article? To publish from Revit, the model view should be the Default 3D View or a 2D Floor Plan. Use the House icon in the Quick Access Toolbar to quickly switch to the Default 3D View.
How do you rotate a section box in Revit?
Use the Rotate tool to rotate a section view or a scope box.
- Open the project view that contains the section (callout) or scope box to rotate.
- Select the section (callout) or scope box.
- Click Modify
tab Modify panel (Rotate).
- Rotate the view.
How do you scale a 3d object in Revit?
Select the elements to scale, and then click Modify |
How do you make a box in Revit?
Create a Scope Box
- In a plan view, click View tab Create panel (Scope Box).
- On the Options Bar, enter a name and specify a height for the scope box, if desired. …
- To draw a scope box, click in the upper left-hand corner to start the box.
On which ribbon is the Save Selection command located in Revit?
In Revit we can save selection sets if we have a group of elements we know we will want to easily select again. Select all the elements you wish to save as a Selection Set. Go to the Manage tab in the Ribbon bar. In the grouping “Selection” click the Save button.