Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve. Set the options as needed in the Extrude or Revolve PropertyManager. Under Feature Scope, specify which components you want the feature to affect.
How do you trim an extrude?
To Trim an Extruded 3D Space
- Select the space to be trimmed, right-click, and click AEC Modify Tools Trim .
- Specify a start point for the trim line.
- Specify an endpoint for the trim line.
- Select the side of the space to be trimmed.
How do you edit a cut-extrude in SolidWorks?
Do one of the following:
- Select a feature in the FeatureManager design tree or the graphics area. Click Edit > Definition.
- Right-click a feature in the FeatureManager design tree or the graphics area and select Edit Feature from the context toolbar.
What is the function of extruded cut?
About an Extruded Cut. You can use the Extrude tool to remove material by projecting a sketched section normal to the sketching plane. You can use open or closed sections to create a cut. Removing material using a closed section creates a slot.
How do you cut in Solidworks 2020?
Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface. In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies. Examine the preview. If necessary, click Flip cut to reverse the direction of the cut.
Can we extrude the sketch in both direction yes or no?
To extrude in both directions from the sketch plane in the PropertyManager, under Direction 1, select Through All – Both Directions. To extrude as a thin feature, set the PropertyManager options in Thin Feature.
Can we extrude the sketch in both direction in Ansys?
Yes, using extruded direction selection in the box under the end condition drop down.
How do I cut extrude in AutoCAD 2021?
To Create a 3D Solid by Extruding
- If necessary, on the status bar click Workspace Switching and select 3D Modeling. Find.
- Click Solid tab > Solid panel > Extrude. Find.
- Select the objects or edge subobjects to extrude.
- Specify the height.
What does split line do in Solidworks?
tool projects an entity (sketch, solid, surface, face, plane, or surface spline) to surfaces, or curved or planar faces. It divides a selected face into multiple separate faces.
Where is the Split command in Solidworks?
To split bodies: Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
Can you slice in Solidworks?
You can use the Slicing tool to create 2D sketch sections that are at the intersection of the source geometry and a reference plane. The Slicing tool creates 2D sketches and sketch planes at the intersection of a reference plane and standard SOLIDWORKS BREP geometry, mesh BREP geometry, and graphics bodies.
How do I edit a Solidworks file?
Editing an Existing Sketch
- Click Sketch on the Sketch toolbar, or click Insert > Sketch. Select an existing sketch to edit.
- Right-click a sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, or right-click a sketch entity in the graphics area, and select Edit Sketch.